Sunday, September 18, 2011

The girl behind the crazy



Its a long, crazy road that got me to where I am today.

Growing up I never realized that it wasn't normal to have a crazy life. Im the daughter of a single Momma who worked three jobs, who lived with my grandparents and had my dad around 24/7. (Seriously, my parents had the best divorce ever, they got along so great once they didnt live together anymore that my Dad still came for dinner every night and had a key to our house.)
I grew up in a super small town, with family on every single street. My Dad has 11 brothers and sisters- most of whom live in the town. I have more cousins than I know what to do with. We swam in the river, played on the railroad tracks, rode quads and played capture the flag. Yeah, I should have been a boy. I managed to grow up and graduate high school, then college, then I went on to get my Masters in Education. Thats right, I was going to spend 7 years in college to go back to high school.
On Sunday December 13th, 2009 Patrick changed my life. While decorating our Christmas tree he had his little cousin hand me a box and say "Here Besamy, this is for you". When I opened the box I realized- pigs were flying, he was asking me to marry him. I knew we'd get there someday, of course, but he typically avoided that subject like the plague. He wanted to have a job to support me, a house for us to live in, and life for me to join into...and once he did all of that he (cough, cough, FINALLY) put a ring on it. (Please forgive the crazy unbrushed, unkept look of me in this photo- I had no idea or I would have spiffed up a bit!)
I graduated in May and got hired to teach 9th grade science in August- which is really a miracle when you look at the job market these days. I am that teacher- the one who climbs on desks, tells horribly bad jokes, sings, dances, decorates her room (LOVE that Cricut!), and dresses up on spirit day. I have fun at work, and my kids have fun in class. We laugh, we argue, and we learn. I like to tell them that if I sneak the learning in with the fun it keeps the natives from getting restless. Do they think I'm crazy? Yes. Do they love it? Most of them, yes. As I prepare to go out for maternity leave Ive had more than one ask me not to leave because they'll miss me- from 14 year olds that's a pretty big complement.
On October 30th, 2010 there was a gorgeous boy with the most amazing blue eyes waiting for me in a tux and Nike Shoxx at the end of the aisle of the church I grew up in. He said I do, and so did I and we became husband and wife.
I DIY-ed everything I could with the wedding, and you can read more about that here- being cheap as I am. We went back to the place we met to take our pictures, and had so many personal touches that really made it our wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better day, or a better husband.
Just as we were settling into being newlyweds on January 12th, 2011 we found out we were expecting. We were not trying to have a baby...but God had another plan. I found out when the doctor called with the results of my physical and said "Why didn't you tell us you were pregnant?" and I responded "You've got someone elses blood, lady!". Well, she didn't and here I am two days from my due date with our first (non-doggie) child.
So that's my life- and to some people its not much but I think its pretty darn perfect.

1 comment:

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)