Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cheesesteak Pizza = drool.

The spring cleaning bug has hit our house, so forgive me for my lack of blogging these days. Grayson Boy is attempting to learn to crawl, and with that comes the desire to scrub and baby proof every surface that he can get to.  It started with buying one of those foam play mats to keep him from bashing his head off of the living room floor and has morphed into a whole baby proofin madness.  Trying to find new ways to hide power cords has become a hobby around here.

Anywho, I just wanted to stop by real quick to share the most amazing recipe Ive concocted this week.
A Cheesesteak Pizza with French Fries.
Insert drool here.
Super easy and amazingly delish.


I started by picking up a ball of pizza dough from a local shop. Its super cheap, I paid $2 for a pound of Mancini's dough and there is zero work involved. Well worth it in my book.

1. I started by preheating the oven to 400 and stretching the dough out on a cookie sheet with a little bit of flour. Once I got it all spread out I poked it all over with a fork to prevent bubbling. Into the oven that went to start baking.

2. I crushed a few cloves of garlic and put them in a bowl with about a Tbsp of butter.  That got microwaved for 30 seconds to melt the butter and make it all nice and garlicky. 

3. After about 8 minutes in the oven, I pulled the pizza out and brushed the crust with the garlic butter and put it back in the oven for another 7 minutes. 

4. While that was finishing up I cooked up the thinly sliced sandwich steak with a good sprinkling of Montreal Streak Seasoning. Once it was cooked through, I put it on a cutting board and diced it up fairly small.

5. After the crust was cooked, I pulled it out and heapped on the steak then covered that with shredded mozzerella and provalone cheese. Then back into the oven it went for 5 or so minutes to melt and bubble up.

6. Into the deep fryer went a handful of french fries for a few minutes to crisp up- when they were done I put them on some paper towels to drain.

7. Once the pizza came out I topped it with the fries and it was done.

The hubs scarfed this down so fast we had no leftovers, and that is rare in our house. Even the Baby Bean enjoyed some pizza crust.


He looks so big in this picture- love.him.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds really good except I would find another way to make the crust on the BFC. I am very strict with myself. But it looks awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I thought the cheesesteak pizza sounded good then, when I realized you put french fries on top...Oh MY!!! I will be making this, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bethany he is so precious! I think he likes the pizza! :) thanks for swinging by earlier! And yes, I do wish those Mamaroos came in adult size! Those things are amazing! Hope you are having a great weekend! -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)