Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Halloween 2013

This year Grayson wanted to be one thing, Thomas the Train.
After seeing the fact that the costume was nothing more than a flap of fabric that he could trip over, I quickly put the kibosh on that. I asked him if he wanted to be Curious George- but he said no. So I asked him what he wanted to be, and he brought me his Minion doll.
 
A Minion, it was.
 
If you haven't seen Despicable Me, then you have no idea what I am talking about. If you have, you know that the Minions are yellow henchmen who have existed since the beginning of time, evolving from yellow single celled organisms into beings who have only one purpose: to serve history's most ambitious villains. You also know they are adorable, so I was totally on board with my little guy being a Minion.
 
 
The cutest part happened a few days later when I asked him again if he wanted to be a Minion and he said YES! Then he said Mama, please? And I asked him if he wanted me to be a Minion with him. I got a resounding "yes, peas! peas! peas!" So it was official, Mommy was going to be a Minion, too.
 

I did get him a Thomas treat bucket, which he was thrilled with.  He was so excited, he didn't want to stop for pictures.
 

 
Of course it had to rain for trick or treat- so umbrellas were a necessity. So was Nana, otherwise known as the ONLY person Grayson trusted with his treat bucket after he caught Daddy taking a peek.

 
 We trick or treated at the Firehouse- and Grayson wanted the truck. Smart kid.




 
Why does a kid always weigh 10 pounds more when you have to carry an umbrella as well?

 
Momma was a minion as well. For a party the week prior Daddy dressed up as Dr. Gru, but he didn't want to put the costume on to trick or treat. Stick in the mud, much?


After about an hour the wind started to pick up and it got cold, so we headed for home. Much to the dismay of my normally shy child who was RUNNING up onto peoples porches saying please and thank you as people gave him treats. He would have kept going, but his bucket was full and I was wet and cold. Sorry kid, your Momma just can't hang.  We did manage to convince him to head home by saying he could have a sucker- which explains the blue mouth in the photo above.
 

 
Overall it was a great Trick or Treat- especially when Nana let him have any treat he wanted while they watched the Great Pumpkin. Too bad Nana wouldn't take him home after sugaring him up, he was on a sugar high for a good two hours. But I suppose that's what Halloween is all about, well that an invoking the candy tax once your child goes to bed.
 
Those Reese's Cups didn't stand a chance.
Happy Halloween, All!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)