Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014 Goals

Thanks to the ridiculous cold air I've been given a day off today- woo! That means its jammies, blankies, cartoons and cuddles for this Momma and her bean.  The wind chill is something like -40 out there, so you will not catch me leaving this house for any reason until that breaks or I have to go to work. Whichever comes first...which will probably be work, because its only January. So I've got laundry going in the washer, a yummy dinner in the crockpot and hopefully when Grayson takes a nap I can sneak in a shower. Life is pretty good today, I must admit.
 
While Grayson is engrossed in Calliou, the most annoying show on the planet, I just wanted to pop in to talk goals for 2014. I saw a thing floating on the interwebs about picking a word for the year and so I've decided this year my word will be determined. I usually set forth some goals and drop them by the third week of January, but I am determined this year to do better.  So here there are, in no particular order.
 
 
1. Eat better.  This girl isn't a fan of the veggies, so I need to change that.  Already I've been on the green smoothie wagon and blending in some spinach, broccoli and kale.  Thank GOD bananas cover the taste of almost anything, because you couldn't get me to eat those things otherwise. But I'm eating them all blended up with berries, Greek yogurt and bananas. If you have any delish smoothie recipies, please feel free to send them my way!
 
2. Actually get my butt in shape. I looked in the mirror one day and I found myself wishing my body wasn't the shape that it was, a usual battle. Then I realized, unless I did something about it, it would NEVER change. I wasn't going to wake up one morning a size six. I needed to get myself eating better and actually exercising. So I started running and working out, and I bought myself a fitbit. Its amazing how seeing the numbers move on that thing (or not move) motivates me to get my butt in gear. Last night I was 1000 steps away from my goal, so I jumped on the treadmill and Grayson and I walked until I hit my goal (walking has to be more effective when you are carrying a 30 pound weight around, right?!).  I've set a weight loss goal, and Ill update that here on the blog shortly.  I've done the measurements, taken the pictures the whole nine yards.  I don't want to be a stick, but I want to be comfortable in my skin and healthy.
 
3. I want to be more patient with my son.  Two years old is ROUGH, ya'll.  The toddler mood swings are nothing short of epic and sometimes I feel myself getting short with Grayson. I want to do better.
 
4. I want to blog more and get more involved in this beautiful community. Post more consistently, comment more, follow more on social media and really get to enjoy  all of the wonderfulness that can come from putting our lives out here on the web. I would really love to attend a blog conference, so hopefully I can find one over the summer that I can sign up for.
 
5. Organize one space a month.  The junk drawer, the closet, the hole that is the TV stand and anywhere else I find.  I'm setting a small goal of one per month, but if I can do more Id love to be able to say in December that my house is actually organized instead of just organized chaos.
 
So that's all- I'm only setting five goals. I figure there's a lot more I would LIKE to accomplish, but I don't want to stress myself out and not get the things I really want done.
 
What are your goals for 2014?
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)