Friday, July 26, 2013

Five on Friday!

Its Friday- the eve of The K Family Beach Trip- WOO HOO!  Tonight at midnight we set off for the Outer Banks for a glorious week in the sun (hear that weather, I said SUN- NOT RAIN!). Any who since my brain is literally a ball of mush today as I attempt to pack for me and the tiny human, get various animals off to their respective pet sitters for the week and clean my house so that it doesn't look a wreck when we come home next Saturday, I decided that joining up with Darci, April, Christina and Natasha for Five on Friday would be just perfect!

 

1. I recently chopped off my hair, and when I got it done in a little of an asymmetrical cut, she sprinkled some of this volume powder on, and now I'm obsessed. Its called Beyond the Zone Rock On Volumizing Powder and its a whopping $5 bucks at Sally's. A little sprinkle and you can jack your hair up to high heaven. For fine haired girls like me, it's a godsend.

_b40jq3gcwk___kgrhqyokjoeynmzjhi0bmrqsyz7sw___3

2. I'm a sucker for a fresh baked baby, and this weeks birth of the newest Royal Prince George was no exception.  Seriously? How cute was that kid?! Also, how refreshing was it to see the world news outlets go crazy over something good like the birth of a baby, rather than the usual crap that's all over the tv?  I thought Kate looked amazeballs for having given birth 24 hours before she appeared on those steps. To all of the people who thought she should hide her post-baby belly- shut it. When I left the hospital after having the Grayson Boy I did it in yoga pants and a pony tail-and my jiggly belly was there in full force making me still appear five months pregnant. I applaud her for being brave enough to show that off, it was a great change from the celebrities who leave the hospital 20 pounds lighter than when they got pregnant and attribute it to good genes. We all know they're liars, but Kate kept it real. I totally think the Duchess and I should be Mommy friends- I'm just waiting for the right time to send her an invite for a play date.

3. I have less than one month before I have to go back to work. Wah. I'm excited to get back into the swing of things, but Im sad to leave my little man. I also don't want that alarm to go off at 5am...after a summer of 7-9 AM wakeups, that's always the hardest part.

4. Im currently planning Grayson's second birthday. How the eff is my kid almost two?? He was very adamant this year that he wanted a Thomas/Curious George themed party, and I had no idea how to pull that off. So we decided that we would do a Thomas party for his friends and then a Curious George party for the family on his actual birthday. Problem solved, right? Except now I have two parties to plan. Fail. If you've been following me on Pinterest, you've seen the pins. (If you're not following me, why the heck not?  While you're at it, find me on twitter and instagram too- we can be friends!) I cant wait to share the birthday crazy plans with you next month- Momma has one month to DIY her way through TWO parties. Next year, its back to one party for sure.

5. In roughly 15 hours we will be loading into the car and headed for one of my favorite places on earth, the Outer Banks!

I grew up going there for weeks in the summer with my grandparents and our extended family, and I just adored it. Two years into dating and I took my beach hating boyfriend there for a week and he fell in love as well. If you've never been, its a place you simply must go at least once. Depending on your vacation "preference" you can pick a village that is either more laid back and family friendly or more populated and trendy. I'm in desperate need of a beach as I really haven't been to one since our honeymoon in 2010. My only bummer for this trip is my luggage Nazi husband- who is insistent I not over pack. He really tried to talk me out of taking a stroller and more than one pair of shoes. I'm not sure if he is aware of who he married or not, but this is not a battle he will win. If you'll be in the OBX next week, hope to see you there! Ill be the one laying on the beach while my in-laws wrangle my toddler. Life is beautiful!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)