Sunday, November 20, 2011

No More Maternity Leave

I go back to work tomorrow morning.
Don't get me wrong, I love love love my job.  I also know how lucky I am to have a teaching job in today's economy, so I'm also very thankful that I have a job to go back to.
But boy is it going to be hard to leave this guy with my Mom on Monday morning and drive up the hill.

Its so strange that two months ago I got up and went to work and my life was totally different.
Then I got up to my alarm clock at 5:45, ate, got a shower, dried and fixed my hair, got dressed, put on makeup and was out the door by 6:30. I got to work and spent my day torturing teenagers, sneaking in some science learning, chatting to my coworkers and calling parents about grades/problems/improvements.  (Yes, I call home if a kid does something good- I think its good for parents to hear those things too) 
After school I hung out, made my copies and got ready for the next day and headed home by 4. I let the pups out, changed into sweats and crashed on the couch waiting for the hubs to come home. We had dinner (some nights cooked, other nights out) and just spent the evening hanging out.

I wake up when Grayson yells "Hey, Ma! I'm hungry over here!" (usually sometime between 6 and 7). I go and get him and give him his morning bottle...then we snuggle and go back to sleep till about 9 am.  Hes my alarm clock that I cant make snooze. Once he wakes me back up, we go downstairs and play and sing and eat another bottle. We fill our days with songs, stories, walks, trips to Grammy's, or running errands.  Sometimes if I'm lucky he takes a nice nap in his swing and I can get laundry done, clean the house and make dinner. If I'm super lucky I get to take a shower and dry my hair. Daddy comes home and we eat dinner, then just spend time hanging out with the little guy until 8. That's bath time with Dad, so I get to clean up the kitchen and living room and finish up some laundry while he gets bathed, lotioned, fed and read to. Then he's put down and me and the hubs spend the rest of the night together. We rarely run errands together at night, because we don't want to mess with his schedule.  We used to eat out at least once a week, now now so much. 

It really is amazing how having a baby really does change a lot....and I don't mind it at all.

Wish me luck, lovelies, because I'm going to be one sad mommy tomorrow morning.

PS- Sorry to be a debbie downer..but how can I not be to leave this kid!


  1. such a cute baby!
    good luck at work tomorrow!

    Stopping by from the Super Stalker Sunday and following your blog via GFC
    would love a return gfc follow :)

  2. It's SO hard to leave your little one after maternity leave. I'm glad I don't have to do that anymore but at least you have a job that you're looking forward to being at.

    Good luck with the transition!

  3. I thought I was being super awesome and finding your blog via the super stalker sunday hop but I had found {and followed} you already lol :)
    Hope tomorrow goes well for you and at least you know your peanut is going to your mom's, I don't have kids but if I did that would make me feel so much better!!

    Best of luck!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!
    -Meesh :)

  4. Good luck today! I'll be thinking about you! I'm on day 5 of being back to work and it's easier than I thought. However, I forgot to give the little one a kiss on the way out this morning and that makes me sad : ( Just count down the minutes until you get to come home and see that little smile!

  5. aww! I hope you've made it through work the past couple days! This is going to be one of my biggest challenges I think! He is SO adorable, I wouldn't want to leave him either ;) p.s. Thanks for the sweet comment on my post yesterday, terrible future-mother-in-laws are the WORST! :)


Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)