Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Water Baby

As I said in our 8 month post- we started swimming lessons with the Y.  At first I was a little nervous, because some kids freak out at the water even if they like the bathtub. 

My kid?


Walked right in.

He loved it. The only time he cried, was when we tried to take him out. 


That first night we did front floats and back floats.  In the subsequent lessons we've mastered cruising on the kick board and going under the water.  Oh and flirting and making kissey noises at our 16 year old instructor. This.kids.going.to.be.a.handful.




Looks like this kid will be spending lots of time this summer in the water...and thats okay with this Momma. I need a tan, stat.


2 comments:

  1. OMG how cute is he - great job kid :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so great!! My son is 21 months and I always said that I wanted him to take lessons, but finding the time had proved harder then I thought. So for now its the bathtub only. But he loves the water in his face, so I guess thats a goood sign.
    Love reading your blog.
    http://myyoungfamilylife.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)