Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Dear Anonymous.

We've all had them- the nasty comments that come from the Internet sissies. The ones that insult our clothes, food, blog styles, parenting choices, word choices or whatever else some coward who is too chicken to leave their real email address feels the need to pick on that day.  However, lovelies, today I was privy to be introduced to the worst of all kind of people when I popped in to check my email and saw this comment waiting in my inbox as a comment under my Say Hello tab.

"your baby is actually really hideous. Should've gotten an abortion xoxo"
 
I'm sorry- but back the hell up. You want to say something about me, that's fine. Take your best shot anonymous. However it is reprehensible, unacceptable and basically abominable that you would dare to leave a comment like this about my child- or ANY child for that matter. Obviously you knew that and that would explain why you are far too cowardly to leave your name or contact info.  You wouldn't want to have to be held accountable for your words, no. You just wanted to get a dig in where you felt you could and move on- and sign off with a little hug and kiss to make yourself feel better about being such a piece of low life scum, I assume.
 
Well let me tell you something, anonymous. My son is not hideous. No baby is "hideous". Some children may be more naturally beautiful than others but no little human being is disgusting to look at or extremely unpleasant. All babies are full of wonder and hope, they are amazing little beings that don't have hate, jealousy or contempt in their hearts.  They love and trust and laugh and teach their parents and anyone who has the privilege to be around them how to truly enjoy life. They don't have a hideous bone in their tiny bodies.
 
What is hideous, anonymous, is a person who would feel that this is okay to say about someones child.  As much as I would love to find you, I know that you were only trying to get attention and feel like you got one "up" on me. Congratulations- you hit me where it really hurt, you insulted my kid. A grown person took aim at a 16 month old who doesn't deserve your hateful spite, I hope that makes you feel like a big deal who has won. But I do have to ask, whats the prize? Its not much of a challenge when you don't leave your name to engage with a person who can respond with something more than a smile and a few simple words. 
 
Would I be lying if I thought about making this blog private? Not at all. Because my kid doesn't deserve to be called names and be subjected to the mere notion that his life is not meaningful and should have just been "fixed" by a simple visit to the abortion clinic.  I didn't start this blog to have people be outwardly cruel- I started it to chronicle Grayson's life so I could look back on the months that fly by way too fast and see how he changed and grew and remember all of the good in his life. However I know that I have met so many amazing people and recieve so many sweet comments from the people who I have come to know as my bloggy friends that this one person's opinion is not significant. Even if it is someone I know in real life, a blog friend that comments regularly, or a "silent" reader who reads and just sits in silence and judges- your opinion simply does not matter to me.
 
You can hide behind your anonymity but I know that the only person who is truly hideous here is you.

22 comments:

  1. um, number one your baby is freaking adorable. i mean, look at those cheeks! and two, no one should ever attack a child. it's one thing to hate on a grown adult blogger for whatever their reason may be (although obviously i don't condone that), but an innocent baby? seriously people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh.my.gosh! I cannot believe someone would EVER say that to another person! I'm so appalled and disgusted right now. your baby is so so adorable too so I don't know what the heck they were smoking. and to tell someone to get an abortion?! I just can't even.... your response was amazing though. so cool-headed and smart. you are definitely the better person. I'm so so sorry you had to get a stupid comment like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( For the record, your baby is beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is the cutest darn baby ever. And Mr. Anonymous is a nobody.How could he even say such a thing?
    I love your blog and love seeing the little guy grow. I have grand-daughter the same age,they are amazing little people.
    You are a great Mommy and have a beautiful family, don't let this idiot get you down.
    I don't have a blog so I am Anonymous, but I will sign my name.
    Crystal Bell in Lacey, Wa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cowards and bullies who make comments like that should be totally discounted. Don't take it to heart (although I know that's not easy). You know your baby is adorable and precious and that's what matters. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Bethany,
    just remember that karma is a bitch and it will eventually catch up with anonymous!
    I love reading your blog, I must say I'm not usually one to comment but I guess I felt the need to say something. Don't ever let hateful words bother you, know that you are truly an amazing mother, wife, teacher, friend and woman! I must say that baby Grayson is a beautiful gift from God.

    Bloggy friend,
    Monique from Canton, Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy crap. I would totally stomp a Mississippi mud hole in this persons ass if they had the gonads to reveal themselves. Your baby is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Verbal abuse like this is a common characteristic of someone with a borderline personality disorder. They are, in a word, disturbed.

    You, however, are a lovely woman with a beautiful family and you spread joy and laughter with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know everyone is telling you but seriously your little man is adorable! But you already know that! Sounds like someone got pee in their cheerios and took it out on someone who didn't deserve it! Hope they feel bigger and better about themselves cause your little man will be raised to be better than that and will rise above trash like that! Me on the other hand wish we could find the person lol
    Keep holding your head up girlie!!
    -Meesh :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you dare listen to that anonymous coward - your baby is SOO beautiful and so blessed to have such a strong mama! Hold him close and cover him with kisses - he is a precious gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I am just kind of speechless right now. You have a beautiful family and you already know that so just ignore that stupid ignorant person.
    You should change your comments so that no one can comment anonymous anymore. Big Hug :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The audacity of people today completely astounds me. The fact that someone can hide behind the blanket of anonymity and say pernicious things is what I can equate to beer muscles- you say and do something you never would have the cojones in real life to do. Anyone who has taken a basic psych class can see that this is insecurities stemming from classic transference; taking out jealousies on someone who isn't in your own reality because you don't have the comprehensibility to face your true issues. It's pathetic and utterly sad because it's coming from someone who could have used a proper lesson in parenting. This is how I know that my last sentence is true- parenting rule #1: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

    I hope the brevity of my next sentence profoundly resonates with you...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some people have a nerve I cannot believe that person has the audacity to take to a small child and say some ignorant, stupid idiotic words. But your right on point, and I'm sorry on behave of the person who took out there time to say something horrible like that. I know as a mom you wanted to vent out to us, but people like that DON'T need to be given the time of day. There are some people out there who are sad about there own life's, and chooses to hate on others. I actually feel sorry for them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, People like this "anonymous" person, is probably someone who has some really deep seated hurt. She or He, has more than likely been broken down and abused to the point where nothing in their lives are amazing and breathtaking any longer. Just feel sorry for them. Keep being the awesome inspiration you are (I have a 18 month old and love reading about your antics, cause it sometimes totally mirrors my life, and I can breath out and feel "wow i am not alone :))maybe one of these days, you get to actaully brighten their day, and make them see some beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am one of those silent readers that just doesn't comment much but this has brought me out to say that this person much not like the life that they live to pick on one of God's children has truely crossed the line. I love your blog and hope that you continue to do what you do best. What a sissy of a bully to lower themselfs even more then as low as they can be already!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, I am so sorry that you were subjected to this disgusting person's vitriol. I often despair at how horrible our world has become. I am a mother of 2 grown boys and a grandson and lord help the one that says anything about my child. But we all know that bullies are cowards. God Bless you! I guess we need to pray for people with black hearts so that their hears will grow big! like the Grinches! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. People can be so cruel and hurtful... you have to try to take the high road and relegate them to the garbage heap they came from...

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! I am astonished that any person would write something so cruel and hurtful and just plain evil, but I have to say WOW to YOU too! Your response was right on! I couldnt have said it better. You really hit the nail on the head with all the points, but the one most important to remember is that this person is seeking attention and empowerment. DO NOT give it to them by carrying this on any further. You said what you had to say and you said it VERY WELL, but this excuse for a person doesnt deserve any more attention. I feel sorry for him/her, because it is SO obvious this person is the hideous one on the inside! You know you have a beautiful baby boy, a gift from God and you are wonderful parents. Like you said in the end... Their opinion simply does not matter.
    They can hide behind their anonymity but we know that the only person who is truly hideous here is them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Grayson is not hideous, he is beautiful, but I don't need to tell you this, you know it with every ounce of your being. I am a silent (non-juding) reader on a lot of blogs and NEVER comment anonymously and this absolutely sickens me. I don't understand why people get pleasure from insulting others, especially others babies, it is the worst kind of hurt. I am sorry you are hurting, I can imagine that I would be devastated if I got a comment like this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW is all I can say....what a stupid, horrible thing to say. I'm sure they're getting off on all the comments as well. Geesh what a sicko. You know the truth Bethany as do we that love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Some people can be so mean for no reason at all! Every child, obviously including yours, is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. FPAMG is a caring abortion clinic in Phoenix providing medical abortion and Gynecological Services in a safe environment to know more information, Visit our website.www.fpamg.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)