Monday, August 19, 2013

Snacking Done Right!


Its a favorite time of year here in our house, the start of football season. That means on any given Sunday you can find us crowded on the sofa watching the Steelers- and eating lots of snacks, of course! This year we decided that we wanted to try to eat a little bit healthier, since Grayson wants to eat everything we're eating. So when I was presented the opportunity to try out Green Giant Veggie Snack Chips, I jumped at the chance.
 
 
When I saw the slogan, bite into giant flavor I was a bit skeptical. I've had different veggie chips before, and most of them needed dip to cover up the taste of the actual chip.  Let me say right now, these are not those chips.
 
 
 
 
I first tried out the Garden Ranch Veggie Tortilla Chips, and they were easily my favorite. Why? Because they taste EXACTLY like Cool Ranch Doritos, but better.  Now, I know you may be skeptical. But this isn't like when someone tells you cauliflower sauce tastes exactly like Alfredo sauce- that is complete crap, and I'm telling the truth.  These chips are the perfect thickness and have a great amount of tang that keeps you going back for more.  But, they come without the greasy feeling and guilt- because even though they are chips, they are made with veggies. Its a great snack swap that I don't mind my kiddo sticking his hand out to snag a chip or two.
 
Now my husband is probably the one person on the planet that doesn't like ranch, so he much preferred the Multi Grain Sweet Potato Barbecue Chips.  He's a big barbecue chip fan, and his first comment was that these chips were not greasy like regular chips. The flavor-packed crunch wasn't overpowering, and they were just a bit thicker than regular chips making them just a bit more satisfying in my opinion. They were definitely delicious.  What you cant see in the above picture is the fact that between my almost two year old and my husband, they nearly killed the bag of chips before I even got to take the pictures for this post. 
 

The chip snatcher himself, hard at work taste testing. 
 
A healthy snack option that is toddler, husband and Momma approved? You better bet I'll be stocking my cupboard with these chips for football Sundays and all the days in between.  Green Giant also offers a Zesty Cheddar and Sea Salt variety- which I can not wait to try.  I'm thinking that the Zesty Cheddar will be an awesome replacement for the usual chips I use to make my Cheesy Chicken Dorito Casserole.
 
Happy Snacking!
 
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)