Monday, January 23, 2012

Cheesy Bacon Potato Rounds

I saw this recipe on Pinterest and was dying to try it.  I'm a sucker for a good potato skin, but they're not the healthiest. Now while this recipe wouldn't fall under the healthy column, I will say it is much better than the deep fried version.


They're super simple to make. First take a potato, wash it well and slice it to about 1/8 inch thick.  Spray each side with cooking spray and pop into an oven set to 400* for about 10 minutes.  Flip over, add some salt, and cook for another 10 minutes.  This will give you soft centers with crisp edges.  If you want the whole potato crispy, cook longer, about 40 minutes total. 

Once cooked, take out of oven and sprinkle a little cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon on each round and pop back in the oven until all melty.

 I served mine up with some thin sliced chicken breast and the hubs seriously ate like 10 rounds. 

I showed some restraint, I only ate five.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)