Thursday, January 12, 2012

Quick Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

I love soup. It just makes me happy.

What I don't like is it taking for-ev-a to make. I also am not a fan of the crappy stuff from a can after learning this delish recipe.

(Adapted from Rachel Ray)

Ingredients

2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 ribs celery, chopped
2 bay leaves, fresh or dried
Salt and pepper
2 quarts of chicken stock
1 pound chicken breast tenders
1/2 package of egg noodles

Directions

Place a large pot over moderate heat and add 1 quart of chicken stock.  Add chicken tenders and cook covered for 8 minutes.  While chicken is cooking, chop veggies. Remove chicken from pot and toss in the kitchen aid mixer to shred. (Use the paddle attachment, put it up to 5 or 6 and shreds it perfectly!) Add the veggies, 2nd quart of stock and bay leaves to pot and cook for about 7 minutes before adding the egg noodles. Cook for another 7- 8 minutes or until noodles are tender.  Add chicken back in to heat through and season with salt and pepper to taste.  If soup is too thick add up to two cups of water to thin out. 

So good and so quick- perfect for a cold weeknight. I make mine with a side of Cheddar Bacon Bay Biscuits- since they only take 10 minutes they're the perfect side. Yum!


6 comments:

  1. Ohhhh thank you for sharing this! I'm the same way. Love soup, don't like taking the time for it to be made or the canned stuff! lol. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting :) Now a follower!

    www.yeewittlethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came by on the Super Stalker Sunday Hop :-)
    Following GFC and Pintrest
    http://ramblingandadventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding new delicious recipes! Thanks for stopping by! I'm following you back! Oh and happy belated birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how easy this seems...I will def have to try it! I'm hosting a Winter Wonderland linky party and would love it if you linked this up!
    www.serendipityandspice.blogspot.com
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! looks and sounds wonderful! Thanks for linking up to the Tuesday Talent Show! I hope to see you again next Tuesday!
    -Nikki
    Chef in Training
    http://www.chef-in-training.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is really a helpful platform. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. Keep sharing such wonderful posts. This is great function in game sims 4 cheats : Bowling. Let create the perfedct hangout with a bowling lane in your sims house

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)