Saturday, July 7, 2012

Professional Tile and Grout Cleaning- For Free!

The tile in my kitchen is a PIA to keep clean.  Usually once a week I was scrubbing it on my hands and knees with a scrub brush Granny style and it still had dirt on it. I had been watching Groupon for a tile and grout cleaning deal (because to clean my kitchen and pantry the quote I received was $225- a total hell no), but nothing good was coming.  So I started to think about what I could do to get it cleaner; then I had an flash of cheap girl brilliance. The tile and grout cleaner people use a machine with a scrub brush, then a vacuum to sucks up the water. They don't put dirty water back on the floor and then they usually steam clean the floor. 

I can do that, easy peasy. 

How you ask? With one of these bad boys.


That's right, my rug scrubber. It has the rotating brush, it sucks up the water, and it only puts clean water on the floor.  Sure it doesn't steam, but I have a Shark Steam Mop that can work for that.

I simply filled it up with hot water and a little Mr. Clean, and scrubbed away. Then after I had cleaned the whole floor I went back and ran it again with just hot water. The end result- the water that was sucked up came out of the machine clean- woo hoo!  Then just to sanitize I ran the steam mop over the floors and called it a day. The whole process took about an hour and a half, only a little longer than if I were to scrub it granny style.

The best part- that $225 never left my wallet. Score one for the cheap girl. 


17 comments:

  1. I have a shampooer for my carpets and will try that - thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea .. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this blog so great so better to keep on posting regarding on grout cleaning Daytona fl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife and I did something very similar before. When our kitchen tiles were filthy, we had a little budget to spare, so we decided to do a little DIY. I borrowed our neighbor’s rug cleaner. My wife prepared hot water, baking soda and a little dishwashing liquid. VIOLA! It was a success. We have bought our own rug machine afterwards and it has always worked like a charm.

    Pete Henderson

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great blog with attractive and exclusive stuff about tile & grout cleaning, what else we need. Thanks for sharing.

    Tile & Grout Restoration Midlothian TX

    ReplyDelete
  7. My bathroom tiles were a sight for sore eyes: the grout was stained and looked filthy. Sadly I couldn't afford to replace the grout for the entire bathroom. I found out about Nugrout products and decided to give it a try. I am amazed by how new my bathroom now looks with the new grout color, and how affordable the entire process was. Check out their website at http://www.nugrout.com. I highly recommend them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the latest stuff you post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very grateful to share this informative post with us. Your cleaning ideas are very helpful for me and these tips are unique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very grateful to you for sharing this informative post with us. Your cleaning ideas are very helpful for me and these tips are unique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good one, Bethany! Having to call a service might be hard for some, but you definitely made a good choice of doing it yourself! You definitely had an ingenious idea on that one. Kudos! 
    Gail Wallace

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cleaning the tiles and grout are certainly some of the most difficult stuff to clean. It's good that you found a solution to ease your cleaning. That, and it even helped you from save a few bucks on cleaners and such. Thanks for sharing!

    Nathan Riley @ Stanley Steemer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cleaning the tiles and grout is good. We can find all need things very easily. Your cleaning ideas are very helpful for me and these tips are unique.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. I think you spend numerous effort and time updating your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am taking a look ahead to reading new articles.
    As a jump-off point for you in your hunt for the best insoles to help with flat feet, let’s take a closer look at the most popular brands on the market today.Please keep up the good articles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your site a couple weeks ago encouraged some web-sites you claimed may very well be employed to you. At this point, after you claim practical, the item looks like some sort of encouraging give possibly not lifetime protecting is usually just lifesaving! Many people generate the most beneficial dissertations from the speediest time period doable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The idea was excellent, and I like it but can it clean entirely? Means what if some solid stain on tiles can make it clean completely too?

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)