Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 In Review

Wow- another year gone. This year was crazy, as it brought us Grayson Boy.  Here's a quick look back at 2011 favorites month by month.

January- This month is always a favorite- its the birth month where I once again turn 21. This is also the month we found out we were expecting a little baby.  We kept it our own little secret for awhile, then we shared the news with family. January was also the month that I started blogging, and In This Crazy Life was born.



February- why hello morning sickness that NEVER WENT AWAY. Wow, that stuff was evil. They had to give me meds to be able to go to work, and some days I was the first one out of the room when the bell rang so I could get sick in between classes. February also brought the Superbowl, and my only food aversion of the pregnancy.  The hubs brought out his Superbowl Salsa and Chips, and I immediately told him he needed to get rid of them. If you ask him, that is the sole reason the Steelers lost the Superbowl.

I also learned how to make my own Laundry Soap, and that first batch lasted us until October. LOVE that.

We had our first sonogram to see our bean and to confirm dates and they said the little bugger (who really did look like a kidney bean at that point) was looking perfect and was due to arrive September 20th.


March- I think I spent this entire month getting sick.  The kiddos had started to ask if I was having a baby (not to me, but to other teachers) because they had noticed me getting a little porky in the middle.  Of course the constant shade of green I was wearing and the running to the bathroom like there was no tomorrow may have been a hint as well. So I decided to share the news with them, and my all time favorite line was said in my classroom.
"YEAHHH Mrs. K! I knew you wasn't just getting fat! Right on!"
Love those kiddos sometimes.

April- We started to clean the baby's room out, and in the process had the biggest yard sale I had ever seen.  We also started to talk baby names, and the hubs decided to tell me he wouldn't agree on a final name until the baby was born. WTH. He did agree however, to find out if it was going to be a boy or a girl. Little did he know I was finding out regardless- I have zero patience.

May- We found out we were having a boy, and nothing could have made my husband more thrilled. Everything was perfect and the baby was healthy, and I was designing a nursery fit for our little prince.

June- Yay for Summer Break! I love my job and I love my kids, but I was thrilled to get off of my feet. I announced to the blog world we were having a baby, and we picked the bedding and the paint colors. Progress, people, progress.

July- I debuted my first two DIY projects on the blog, the vinyl calender and the closet dividers for the beans room.  As of today the closet dividers are still one of the favorite posts here on the blog.

August- We took our last no-baby trip to Tennessee to visit the in-laws.  It was ridiculously hot and I fell off of a boat face first, and I was also peeing every 45 minutes. We had our All-Star Baby Shower, and had more than we could ever need for the Bean.
(Me and Best Friend Since Birth- three weeks apart, like always.)

September- Back to work and on baby watch.  My students asked if I was going to pop, and I felt that I very well could. I refused to buy my hubs a birthday present, because I was dead set determined to have the baby on his birthday. Well, that crashed and burned. I ended up scrambling and buying tickets to go see Ralphie May in December because the baby just refused to come early.  He came in his own sweet time, three days late, with the best labor and delivery I could have ever asked for. Grayson Michael is by far the best project I have debuted on this blog, and in life in general. (Okay, I guess Patrick helped a little bit haha)


October- With maternity leave I really got into the groove of blogging and shared Grayson's Birth Story, as well as my DIY Subway Art for his room. I also started sharing his Monthly Posts and Monthly Must Haves so that I can look back and know what was happening with our little guy each month, as well as to share some advice with other Mommy's out there. Grayson had his first holiday with Halloween and made the cutest Monster Ive ever seen.  Hubs and I also celebrated one year of being married with our one month old baby boy.




November- I learned how to make a grabbable blog button all on my own (to the shock and awe of the hubs) as well as made lots of yummy food with the help of Pinterest. You also got to laugh as I shared the epic fail of cloth diapering in our house- which by the way, Grayson still hates. Grayson was baptized and got to spend a week with his Grammy and Grandpa from Tennessee, which always makes him a happy boy.

December- We stuffed this month with traditions. We cut down our own Christmas tree, decorated the house, went to visit Santa, gave to charity, found Santa's footprints and his letter, and dressed the baby in a Santa suit. Overall, I'd say Grayson had a wonderful first Christmas- and the toys r us that sprung up in our dining room will take a good half of 2012 to organize.  Oh and the Ralphie May tickets I got the hubs for his birthday? The show got canceled. Sorry dude, your birthday this year was an epic fail.


Well that's it lovelies- 2011 is here and gone. I can't wait to see what 2012 brings to my crazy life. I know with Grayson and the hubs it certainly wont have a dull moment!

Happy New Year, Lovelies!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I want to give your baby tons of smooches (it's okay, I'm a grandma). What a doll baby! Thanks for coming by my blog, I'm following back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a very busy year! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and following. I came over and followed you back thru GFC. Welcome to blogging and I hope you have a great adventure! Happy New Year!

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I LOVE your comments, so please keep them coming! I promise I do read each and every one :)